Wednesday, July 18, 2012

leather love













I was traipsing around my wardrobe, still thinking about bomber jackets from my last post, and came across this leather one I've had for years. It was a big chunky bomber with a hideous belt and all around frumpy shape when I found it at my favourite op shop in Preston, it wasn't until not long ago that I found this pic on a street style blog of a girl in leather jacket with a curved cutout back and decided to try and replicate it with my manly bomber. I took the sleeves in, chopped the belt off and cut a semi-circle into the back and I think it's a pretty good makeover to be honest. It's still a hard piece to wear everyday so I've tried to put together something with a little of the badass attitude it deserves.. A very short skirt and my new 'Wangs'.
Now I know people are extremely opinionated when it comes to fakes, and I thought long and hard about how I'd feel wearing these phony heels, but when it came down to it I came up with these excuses; I currently am not in the position to afford real Wangs, these are extremely well-made/genuine leather blah blah blah, and I love the style (the Joan) so much that that is what mattered most. It's not like I'm going to go around telling people they're real, because that is totes not cool (totes wang?!) and I would feel like a genuine idiot. So thank you iOffer and the dodgy factory in China that produced these beauties! They will be sexing up lots of outfits for a long time to come :)


[Wearing: thrifted/DIY leather bomber & skirt, Sportsgirl tee, heels from iOffer, DIY copper jewellery]

5 comments:

  1. great outfit post! love the astro-turf touch ;)

    i agree with you about fakes too - wear those 'wangs' proudly!

    xx
    jess
    iamkonstantinos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not one to wear fakes as well, but those heels are pretty spot on. They look fab on you.

    xx Love & Aloha
    Come follow me...
    http://elisharon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your outfit!
    The shoes are amazing, regardless if they're authentic or not :)
    Also loving adore your necklace
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey sweet, I stumbled upon your blog and I love it :)!! Great photos (you have amazing style, love your shoes!!!!)
    If you'd like we can follow each other :)?


    xoxo
    Chloe Polo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...